Monday, November 21, 2011

intermission - cleaning the house

One of the truly great joys of living alone is that the house can be a messy as one wants and no one else ever complains or cares.

For the past two weeks I have been busy finishing a number of weaving projects that have laid unfinished for months. The shawls, bags and rugs have been off the loom but all needed little bits and pieces either woven (e.g. straps for bags) or buttons sewn on or finished in some other way.  The kitchen stove has red and blue dye hidden under the rings, the floors are covered with pieces of fluff or woven wool and the dining room table is buried under finished product and all of the cards that need to be attached to each item with the price on it. The bathroom constantly smells of wet wool as I wash the last of the fleeces. I have in fact been a bit consumed by it all.

But today I am cleaning up! It is so satisfying to see the small piles of wool and cotton warp being combined into one rather impressive pile. Makes me wonder why I don’t clean more often.Of course one of the down parts of living alone is that there is no one else to clean it up…..

p.s. I am doing all of this work as I am having a sale this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers