Monday, April 15, 2013

Blackie and spring -part 2



While it grieves me to say it - I am not always right. In fact if the truth were known - I don't think I am usually right any more than half the time. In terms of decisions about personal things such as relationship issues, I do even worse. But I was right about when spring would arrive in my neck of the woods.

On March 12th, in this blog, I predicted that spring would occur on or about April 14.  It is the 15th of April and spring is here.  How do I know? As I got out of my car this afternoon, I could smell the dirt. I could smell all of those earthy aromas that have lain frozen and dormant for the past few months. I know the next time it rains there will be that fresh smell in the air.

It was a close thing. Given the weather that we had at the end of last week and the weather that parts of the Prairies had earlier in the week, I was not too sure if I was going to be right. I really wondered if this was the year that spring would be a week or two later than I had predicted. At Easter, when we had a few days of delightful sun and fairly warm temperatures I thought maybe that I had missed the signs and spring was about to occur.  But once again Blackie's lesson about the crows has held true. Every year I wonder, given our rapidly changing patterns of weather, how many more years I will get to guess with some accuracy when spring will occur.

But for now I am content. Spring is here. Thanks again Blackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers