Friday, June 28, 2013

On the Road Again 2013 - the process of publishing this blog

Doing a blog at home on a familiar computer is relatively easy. All I need is an idea to write about and about an hour to do it in. Writing on the road is a different kettle of fish.

For the first four or five blogs of this year's trip that I have either already published or that I will publish in the next day or two, most of the writing was done on the train. I have a program on my tablet called "Office Pro" that works well except for the spell check. I then, after saving it, open up another program that is a less useful typing program but has the capacity to ( by emailing it) to get the blog off of the tablet and on to a computer where I can copy and paste it on to the blog page. I then try to proof read and edit.

I can type the message directly onto the blog page if I have access to the net which of course I frequently do not have. As well the battery life of the tablet is somewhat problematic. Typing directly onto the blog page just sucks up too much battery. This rather labourious three or four step process seems to be the only other option

Of course if I do not have a way of recharging the tablet or if the train tracks are so rough  that the train is bouncing around so much that it is hard to find the keys then I will just take notes and type them later.

To make things even more complicated, the key board that is attached to my tablet seems to have a life of its own and does not always do what I want . In fact it functions differently for every piece of software that I use.

Having said all of the above and with apologies for my spelling, I will publish the blogs in order, hopefully fairly shortly after I have experienced the event. but it may take me awhile to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers