Thursday, June 20, 2013

On the Road Again (almost) 2013 #4

Attended a meeting and a going away party at the college and the went a bought 9 fleeces. The farmer had done a bit of work cleaning them - so I had to pay a bit more for each fleece. Got 4 grey fleeces - which is great plus quite a few fleeces off of yearlings. I think that means that they are not as big as some of the older sheep but I also think that it means that they will be softer. We will have to see. I do have the temptation to spend a day or two at home washing a fleece. Is that a sign that I am too obsessed with wool?

Tomorrow morning I leave for Sudbury.  I mailed the box of extra clothing off yesterday and with any luck it will be there when I arrive. I am always surprised at how heavy it is. I can't believe that I use to carry all that stuff with me. Even now I probably carry stuff that I never use.

I could leave now, my stuff is all packed but that would leave a really messy house to come back to. So tomorrow morning I will get up reasonably early and after the usual stuff will do quick sweep of the floors, clean out the fridge put the house plants outide and then unplug everything except the answering machine.

Must confess I feel somewhat nervous and some excitement. The weather is not looking great out west. The flooding in Calgary and Canmore looks pretty bad and I wonder if the roads will be passable. But the train ticket to Winnipeg is already bought - I got a great deal in terms of price but I can't cancel it so I am off. If I have to, I can spend a day in Medicine Hat or where ever. The good news is that because the general area is fairly high up, it should clear up fairly quickly - if it ever stops raining. Of course that is not particularly good news for folks out there. If the land was a bit flatter they would have a lot more warning about the impending flash flooding.

12 hours from now and I will be on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers