Monday, June 6, 2016

On The Road Again 22016 #5



In two days I will be back on the road. It feels as if I have been in Sudbury for months and months but in fact it is just a few days short of a month since I arrived. The trip has been successful in that I got to spend a lot of time with the grandkids, did more writing than I thought I would, saw most of my relatives, got to know Sudbury and helped my daughter build a really large flower box for the front of the house. The weather has been adequate and the bugs have not been a problem. All in all, a pretty good month.

Unlike other years where I spent the month before I left getting ready, packing and unpacking, trying to make the pack as light as possible, deciding what I needed to mail,  it feels as if I have spent no time at getting ready for my annual hitchhiking journey out west. I did do some of that stuff, but it was a month ago.This year, of course I headed east, by train, a month ago. It is only on Wednesday that I am heading west. I can only hope that the stuff that I brought with me will suffice for the trip back.

Perhaps because I have spent less time in preparation for this trip, the anxiety that I normally feel before I start a trip as been less prevalent than normal. In other years, I have experienced a minor attack of anxiety as I contemplate the endless possibilities of what might happen. There have been times when I have felt temporarily so overwhelmed  that I have considered not going., or at least not hitchhiking. It was not until yesterday that I started to experience some  tremors of concerns.

However, the train ticket to Winnipeg has been bought and I will be off early Wednesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers