Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time for a New Toy

I have for some time wanted a new toy. Specifically I want a new computer toy. Please note that I am saying "want"  not "need". I have a perfectly good computer at home and I generally have access to a computer at work and everywhere else I go- so I don't need a new one.

Before I went west last summer I debated about buying a small notebook. The logic was that I could do the blog much easier if I had a computer with me all of the time. I could do it daily so folks would know where I was and what I was doing. But the cost and more importantly the potential fear of losing it was enough to discourage me from buying one.

However ever since Christmas (partially because my daughter bought one) I have wanted a tablet. They look neat and I could use it as an e-reader as well. It is hard to find books when traveling and with an e-reader I could have a 100 books with me. I suspect that Tablets are not very useful as a typewriter but it would be enough to do short blogs.

Of course I could have bought one just like my daughter's fairly cheaply after Christmas but I was waiting for the next version to come out. I am still waiting because every time a new version comes out I start to read about the ones that are going to be released next month. Tablets are getting more and more sophisticated. But honestly - who needs a camera in a tablet? There are lot of tablets available now - but I don't want to order one directly from China - there seem to be very few available in Canada. I don't understand why the market is so limited here.

Have you ever noticed that computer prices don't really ever drop? They just keep adding bits and pieces on to them so they can keep the price high.

So I don't yet have a tablet - but I will -someday...... or at least I will want one until a new toy comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers