Monday, November 26, 2012

My New Best Friend


I made a new friend last week….. I have spent a lot of time with Harvey in the past week or so. It has been interesting and at times he has presented me with some challenges. Of course the sad thing about my new friend Harvey is that within a week he will be scattered on the ground.

Harvey, you see, is a paper mache head.

I have for a number of years either helped or in the past few years made on my own some sort of piñata for my granddaughter’s birthday in June. For the past 3 years it has been a soccer ball (which is harder than one might think). Last year the ball was hard enough that 5-6 girls and a few boys could kick it around the back yard for 10 minutes before it finally broke apart. But I have never made a piñata for my grandson as his birthday is in December. It never made sense to have them flailing away at some object while there was snow on the ground ( they live in Sudbury and snow is always a possibility at that time of year). This year he asked for one and I could not say no. When I asked what he wanted me to make, he said he wanted me to make a head. So I did.
The final result looks like the result from a weird coupling between Mr. Burns from the Simpsons and Mrs. PacMan.  I hope they have fun in the snow bashing it with a baseball bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers