Sunday, March 2, 2014

On the Road Again 2014 Prologue

On Friday as I was driving around with my daughter, she asked if I wanted to go to the camping store  to look for stuff for my summer trip. My answer was no. Which in hindsight was an absurd answer. Who can ever have too much equipment? So why did I say no?

It is March 2, 2014 and with one exception I have not thought about traveling for months. That doesn't mean that I don't want to do it - it just means that the urge to wander has not started to stir inside me yet. It must be the weather. Usually by this time in the year I have dreamed (either day or night time dreams) about the upcoming trip a bunch of times; I would have started to recall certain spots of the road where I have stood eight or nine times in the past years and remembered the rides. Every time I would see a big truck on the road  I would wonder if there would be room for me. I would have started to think about my dream rides and to wonder if this year I would get a long ride in a really nice travel home or if I will get to go through the Rockies in a convertible. But none of that has happened this year - not yet.  It is hard to think about traveling when either it is well below zero or it is snowing.

So can we have some nice weather  - please.................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers