Friday, May 2, 2014

Toyota

I don't like cars. I don't like driving them; I don't like fixing them and I don't like begin dependent upon them (yes I am aware it is a wee bit paradoxical that a hitchhiker doesn't like being dependent upon cars). While it may be a bit unlikely, if machines could have feelings, I am quite convinced that cars and machines in general don't like me either.

The engine light on my Toyota '07 Yaris was on. The garage that I normally go to said the car was running fine and that the light did not signal anything serious mechanically. But I had to go to the dealer today to get it fixed as it was time to get my license  sticker renewed and I needed to get the air quality test done. It turns out that the charcoal cylinder has moisture in it and needs to be replaced. It will cost $1,000.00!!!

I find it absurd that one part could cost that much.

Toyota should be ashamed of itself for producing something that (1) it needs to be replaced after 75,000 km and (2) that cost so much.  In spite of my last two cars being a Toyota, I certainly will never buy one ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers