Saturday, June 28, 2014

On the Road Again 2014 #3

Just about three hours late getting to Hornepayne and then only a fifteen minute stop there. I think people may be a bit grumpy. It has been a long day.  Hornepayne now has wifi!!!! I wish I had realized that - would have sent a blog off.

The VIA staff are still doing their best to entertain us. Just a few minutes before we got to Hornpayne they, over the PA mentioned that it would be a very brief stop and that folks who decided to go up to the store should remember that if they didn't get back on this train - that there was another one in two days time! That was enough to keep me close to the train.

Children are also getting a bit cranky - while they can play in the aisle and there are at least two boys of a similar age who can play together - there is still not much for them to do. I am sure that it is all very boring for them, as well as challenging for the moms (almost never do dads seem to travel alone with their kids) . I have spent much of the day snoozing, trying to find a position where my tailbone does not hurt. I have been generally less than successful at finding that magical spot.

A bit about technology  - I am using my new Asus 7" memopad tablet and a bluetooth Anker mini keyboard. Both are working well and I suspect for the first time since traveling with a tablet that I will be able to keep up with my travels. The Memopad has a pretty decent battery life and the keyboard while it is missing a few keys that a full size one has, generally it has a nice feel and all of the functions that I need.

Now if I only had something pithy to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers