Thursday, July 2, 2015

On the Road Again 2015 #2

The left side of the train may have slightly more interesting scenery. There are, for example, a few spots along the way where there is some sort of construction happening. There also appears to be more lakes on the left side, but unfortunately that is also where the sun is. The bright sun makes it a bit difficult to seen the tablet screen. As the day proceeded, I ended up sitting as far away as I could from the window. While the temperature in the car as a whole is quite comfortable, it is a bit too warm for me sitting in the sun. On the right hand side of the car, out of the direct sun, the window looks clean. I suspect that one could take some decent pictures. It might be impossible to take a decent picture out of the left side of the window due to the glare of the sun.

This may be the noisiest train I have ever been on. One of the brakes on my car make a rather loud squawking/grinding noise every time they are used. It is a most annoying noise. Maybe I am also be over sensitive but it feels as if the train is rocking more than normal.

In spite of the fact that it feels as if the train has not pulled over to let freight trains go by nearly as frequently or for as long as usual, we are still running late. We only stopped for ten minutes in Hornepayne and that was still not enough to make up our lost time. I suppose the good news is that we have not lost any more additional time. They have announced the bus tour in Winnipeg (which is suppose to be an almost a four hour stop). That feels optimistic to me but perhaps they are planning on making up the time later in the evening. I hope so - I would like to be on the road just west of the ring road as soon as possible after 9:00 AM tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers