Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hospitals and Ambulance Rides. Part Four



Woke up this morning - seven days after the "event" and felt pretty good. I had slept better than most nights and there were no annoying twinges in my back. Even as I gently manoeuvred my body to the side of the bed in what could be a patented move to avoid a full back muscle spasm there was little discomfort. I started to have pleasant day dreams of perhaps leaving for my trip on time, and of wondering, almost  in panic if I could have everything done by next Monday.

Reality soon hit as I started to make breakfast. The rice pot was almost two heavy to hold in one hand, turning too quickly caused my back to spasm and within ten minutes I needed to sit down and give the muscles a chance to calm down. Still two days ago, just getting up and going to the bathroom required a ten-fifteen minute lay down. So things are looking up.  Not fast enough for me, but at least enough to suggest that my present state may not be a permanent condition.


Of course there are a number of things that I could be doing in terms of getting ready and perhaps today I will at least figure out what needs to be done. Hopefully my new MasterCard will arrive soon and then I can look at some travel options and buy a new hostel card etc.

I really want to be travelling by next week, but I know (in my more mature moments) that to do so might put me at some risk. I don`t want to have to spend a day or two in Medicine Hat or Salmon Arms because my back is just too sore to travel or even worse, spend two days on a bus because hitchhiking is just too hard.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers